Parental involvement is a combination of commitment and active participation on the part of parent to the school and to the student. As parents you can ensure that your child receives the benefits from parental involvement by staying up to date on what is happening in the classroom.
Tulsa Public Schools is committed to helping your child develop the academic knowledge and critical thinking he or she needs to succeed in school and beyond. As a result, these involvement opportunities empower parents to take action. By connecting parents to school officials, community members, other parents, knowledge, and powerful allies, these opportunities build bridges and networks that support schools and sustain whole communities.
Meet Our Parent Involvement Facilitator
Hello, my name is Amy Castellanos! I go by Miss Amy and I am the Parent Involvement Facilitator here at Clinton West. This is my third year with Tulsa Public Schools. I have previous experience in pre-K and attended Tulsa Community College to pursue my degree in early childhood education. I have three children; my daughter Madison is in ninth grade, my son Trey is in first grade here at Clinton West, and my youngest Deacon is three years-old.
We have an amazing room to accommodate us, so please stop by if you haven’t yet had the chance. Our room number is 123 and is located next to the Pleasant Porter Cafeteria. I look forward to getting to know all of our students and parents this year as we build our school family. Clinton West is the BEST!
Feel free to contact me directly at 918-746-8684 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Clinton West Elementary Parent Involvement Plan
2020 - 2021
Mission: Clinton West is a community school creating life-long learners with high expectations for a healthy future. Scholars are engaged in learning and applying skills through rigorous learning experiences in all subjects in a socially and emotionally safe environment. Scholars will have the skills required to achieve goals and make a positive impact on their community, city, state, country, and world.
Vision: Together with the Westside Tulsa community, our mission is to:
- Educate all students by empowering them to be lifelong learners.
- Provide the skills, character traits, and values necessary to be successful in a changing world.
- Challenge students to achieve their maximum potential in an engaging, inspiring, and safe learning environment.
Title 1 Meeting: Clinton West administration and faculty will meet once a year to inform and explain to families of the Title 1 budget. The No Child Left Behind Act, expenditures, annual yearly progress, Oklahoma Core Curriculum, Achieving Classroom Excellence, and rights under Title 1 policies, procedures, and budgeting.
Communication: Clinton West will use every line of communication possible to ensure our families receive the information necessary regarding our school such as resources, events, and daily classroom information. Our parents are welcome to schedule appointments with teachers and/or administration. Our parent facilitator and PTA will issue monthly newsletters, share information through Facebook, and the School Messenger app. Our outside marquee and flyers will also be used to communicate information to our community and families. The Clinton West PTA will conduct general membership meetings which go over budget information, school events and fundraisers.
Parent Involvement: Clinton West faculty and staff will promote parental involvement through monthly newsletters, parent-teacher conferences, volunteer opportunities, literacy nights, math nights, and general PTA meetings.
Education: Clinton West has the following resources available to our families:
- Computers are available for use in our Parent Facilitator room.
- Once buildings are open to the public again, the computers in the PIF room will be available
- Parent and family resource materials are available in our Parent Facilitator room.
- Various parent and family learning opportunities from community resources such as Tulsa Count Health Department, Family and Children’s Services, OSU, Tulsa-Tech, TCC and others will be offered.
*This policy is in accordance with Title 1, Part A of No Child Left Behind Act of 2001
District Involvement Information
- Stay Connected - TPS social media and smartphone app
- Tulsa Council of PTAs
- National PTA
- Booster Clubs/PTAs sanctioned organizations
- Parents as Teachers
- Student and Family Guide to Success (includes the Behavior Response Plan)
- Achieving. Classroom Excellence (ACE) Parental Curriculum Choice Letter
- Logrando la Excelencia en el Salón de Clases Carta hacia los Padres para la Selección de Currículo
- Parent Guide | Guía para Padres
- Parents Right To Know | El Derecho a Saber de los Padres
- Parent and Family Engagement Policy
- Educational Surrogate Parents Program
- All students need parental support to succeed. The Educational Surrogate Parents Program responds to the need for support and representation of students with disabilities whose parents are not available. This program relies on the commitment of volunteers who support a student's education by advocating for him/her to ensure that the student receives a free and appropriate public education.