Mrs. Climpson proudly serves as the Clinton West Counselor. She has worked for Tulsa Public Schools for 27 years. As the school counselor, Mrs. Climpson is an integral part of Clinton West Elementary. She is involved in almost every conversation in the school and touches students’ lives on a daily basis. She is very passionate about her job and thrives on the interactions she has with students and their families.
A Special Friend
by Marian Woodhead
Sometimes I'm happy and sometimes sad.
Sometimes I'm scared and sometimes I'm mad.
When I need a friend to listen, someone to understand
a place to go and talk a bit, the counselor can lend a hand.
We might read a story or play a game, watch a film, or just chat about why I came.
When I need help it's nice to know that the counselor's office is the place to go.
- What Does an Elementary School Counselor Do?
- How Does a Student See the Counselor?
- Why Does a Student See a Counselor?
- Helps students develop a positive attitude toward school and learning
- Helps students develop good relationships with peers, parents, teachers, and siblings
- Helps students improve their communication skills and develop effective decision-making strategies
- Helps students deal with personal concerns, developmental tasks, crisis, school related problems, home concerns, health, and physical development
- Helps to ease the transition between school settings
- Plans and implements with teachers a program of activities designed to enhance the personal and social/emotional development of elementary students
2224 West 41 Street
Tulsa, OK 74107